Main Office: 541-484-6595 West Eugene (applications): 541-344-2710 Bend: 541-728-0757
Thank you for selecting Umbrella Properties Management. We hope we can assist you in finding a rental to meet your needs. Our screening process is listed below. Please be thorough as incomplete rental applications may be returned for completion causing a delay in processing. On approval of the application, a $35 application processing charge must be paid for each person 18 years of age, or older, and any minor living independently. A second security deposit may be charged for a lack of rental references, income, or verifiable rental history, and/or a cosigner may be required. The second security deposit is not a last months rent. Umbrella Properties’ pet policies may vary by complex/unit. See the manager regarding allowable pets. Some properties may be within a 100 year flood plain.
All money and move-in costs are to be paid by money order or certified funds. Please, no cash.
1. Please fill out the application completely. All phone numbers requested must be supplied. Occupancy is limited to 2 people per bedroom +1 (1 Bedroom=3, 2 Bedroom=5, 3 Bedroom=7, etc.). Anyone over 18 years of age (or minor living independently) must be listed as an applicant and sign the application and rental agreement, unless a Personal Care Attendant. A non-refundable reservation deposit may be required on application approval. The reservation deposit may be applied to the move-in costs on lease initiation.
2. Applicants that have not lived and/or worked within 100 miles for at least 6 months may be required to pay an additional security deposit and/or obtain a qualified cosigner. This would be an amount equal to the rent but is not a last months rent.
3. Cosigner: A qualified cosigner is one who: A. Fills out the cosigner sheet completely. B. Fills out an application providing proof of the source, stability and amount of income equal to 3 times the rent, and C. Is willing to sign the rental agreement and pay the rent if tenants fails to meet any of the requirements.
4. Identification Verification: All applicants over 18 years must provide 2 sources of current, valid, and verifiable pieces of identification. One of these must be a picture ID. Prior to approval, each applicant’s picture ID must be presented to the manager in person.
5. Demeanor: An applicant’s demeanor (attitude and behavior) during the screening process may be considered.
6. Income: The income shall be 2 ½ times the stated monthly rent. A second security deposit is charged for any applicant filing Bankruptcy within the last seven years. Verification of source, stability and amount of income must be provided. An additional security deposit and/or a qualified cosigner may be required for insufficient or unstable income.
7. References: All landlord and personal references must be accurate and verifiable. Three attempts will be made to verify your references before going to the next application. A negative reference may result in application denial. Please supply five years of rental history.
8. Judgments/Collections: The landlord may make a search of court records for each applicant. Applications may be denied for FED’s, unsatisfied judgments, misdemeanors, or felony convictions. Applicants may be asked to provide a copy of their police record, obtained at their own cost. A police report may be required from each city where you have lived. If applications containing the above problems are approved through satisfactions, applicants may be required to pay an additional security deposit and/or obtain a qualified cosigner.
9. Housing Assistance Recipients: Section 8 applicants or those with other assistance must provide written verification of participation in a valid housing assistant program.
10. Credit Check: A credit check may be run. A factor shall be applied against the number of accounts and outstanding balances. A debt to income ratio of 50-60 percent may be allowed. Any information provided (verbal or written) that is incomplete, inaccurate, negative, left off the application, unverifiable, or falsified may be grounds for the denial of the application or subsequent termination of tenancy. Applicants may be liable for any loss or damages resulting from false information.
The application processing charge of $35/applicant is to be paid on application approval before execution of the rental agreement. The process followed in screening is to review public records, criminal records, employment verification, landlord references and other personal references. The applicant has a right to dispute the accuracy of any information from public or criminal records. Said records may be accessed at any county courthouse. The landlord is not required to disclose all the details of the application screening.